Mauritius is a volcanic island nation in the Indian Ocean which is known for its beaches, reefs and lagoons. The mountainous interior encompasses the Black River Gorges National Park, along with rainforest, waterfalls and native fauna like the flying fox. The Island is surrounded by white sandy beaches and the lagoons are protected from the open sea by the world’s third largest coral reef, which surrounds the Island. There are mainly 2 seasons: a warm humid summer from November to April and a relatively cool dry winter from June to September. The temperature difference between the seasons is a meagre 4.3 °C. English and French are generally accepted as the official languages of Mauritius and as the languages of government administration, business and courts. Mauritius has strong and friendly relations with various American, Asian, African, European and Oceania countries. Relations with China and India are also strong for both historical and commercial reasons. Mauritius is one of the world’s best luxury tourism destinations. It possesses a wide range of natural and man-made attractions, clear warm sea waters, attractive beaches complemented by a multi-ethnic and cultural population.
- No IELTS or TOEFL Exams.
- Quality of education constantly monitored by the Tertiary Education Commissions (TEC).
- Bilingual Workforce – English and French.
- Benefit of free transport and public health care services.
- Acquire work experience while working up to 20 hours weekly.
- Excellent Infrastructure in Mauritius.
- Social and Political Stability.
- Positioned in a natural catastrophe-free zone, geographically safe from major natural disasters.
- Warm tropical climate and without any severe weather changes.
- Exquisite lifestyle with multi-cultural societies and limited cultural barriers.
- Tremendous efforts from the local Government to make Mauritius the knowledge hub of the Indian Ocean.
- High concentration of foreign force (India, Bangladesh, China, UK, etc.) in the Business Sector.
Mauritius at a Glance:
- Capital city:Port Louis
- Currency:Mauritian Rupee (MUR).
- Major Cities:Vacoas-Phoenix, Curepipe, Quatre Bornes.
- Cost of Education:US$ 1500 to US$ 15500 per year approx.
- Cost of Living:approx. US$ 250 per month.
- Population:1.29 Million.